I am a working professional and when it comes to deciding clothes for work I always have a tough time deciding what would look work appropriate. When we think about Indian clothes, they are usually more on the heavier side of embellishments and Color. It leaves us wondering whether it would suit the muted office environment. Styling a cloth in right way makes all the difference. So why should we leave the Indian wear aside.
Here I have listed few tips and tricks that will help all of us while deciding Indian wear for work.
- Right fabric: While deciding on fabric keep in mind the long hours that you would be spending at office and you definitely don’t want to be uncomfortable whole day. Though the fabrics like brocade and silk look absolutely beautiful but let’s keep them for other occasions. Choose fabrics which are light and easy like cotton and jute silk. They are comfortable and they look classy. Win win!
- Minimalist jewellery: If you are someone who loves Indian jewellery I feel you girls. We all know how a statement piece of jewellery can jazz up an outfit instantly. But at work, avoid jewellery that grabs a lot of attention. Stick to minimum jewellery like small earrings or studs and simple watch. Remember, elegance is in simplicity.
- Choose the right color: Go for colors that do not look too overboard and flashy. Nuetral colors are what you should reach out to.
Here are some options that you can go for. These will make you look work appropriate and trendy at the same time.
- Straight kurti with pants
- A-line kurti with leggings
- Short kurti with pants
- Long kurti with Palazzo
- Short Kurti with dhoti pants
- Fusion wear like short kurti with jeans.
- A cotton or chiffon saree.
Keep it simple and stylish!