As we all know it is the season of festivals and with Diwali coming up very soon, i thought of sharing this makeup look with you all. I was carrying this look for Karva Chauth which was celebrated just few days back.
For my readers who are not from India,
Karva Chauth is a one-day festival celebrated by Hindu women in Northern India, in which married women fast from sunrise to moonrise for the safety and longevity of their husbands. The fast is traditionally celebrated in the states of Rajasthan, parts of Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, and Punjab.
Diwali is the most popular festivals of Hinduism, it spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness, good over evil, knowledge over ignorance, and hope over despair. Its celebration includes millions of lights shining on housetops, outside doors and windows, around temples and other buildings in the communities and countries where it is observed.
So this is the look:
- Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturiser
- Neutrogena Ultrasheer Dry Touch Sun Block
- Lakme Absolute Blur Perfect Makeup Primer
- L’oreal Paris Infallible 24h Foundation
- L.A. Girl Pro conceal HD Concealer
- Maybelline New York White Superfresh Compact
- BH cosmetics Nude Rose Scult and Glow Pallette (For Setting the face, contour and blush)
- Makeup Revolution Vivid Shimmer brick for Highlighter
- Miss Claire Eyebrow Powder Cake
- Maybelline New York Fashion Brow Pomade Crayon
- BH cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition Eye Shadow Pallette
- Coloressence Supreme Eyeliner
- Maybelline New York Falsies Push up Drama Mascara
- Nykaa EyemBLACK Kajal
- Colorpop Ultra Matte Lipstick in ‘More better’
- Miss Claire Long Lasting Finishing Spray
How i created this look:
- Firstly I moisturised my face using Neutrogena oil free moisturiser. I really like this product as it Moisturises the skin but at the same time does not make the face greasy. It is perfect to use under the makeup. You can use any moisturiser that you like. A good moisturised skin is very important so that rest of the makeup goes on smooth on your face.
- Then I applied sunscreen. It is again very important to keep your skin protected. No matter if you are going in sun or not, sunscreen should be applied everyday without fail. I use Neutrogena ultrasheer dry touch sun block. It has SPF 50+, does not make skin look oily and most important does not leave any white cast on the skin.
- Next I used my Lakme Absolute Blur Perfect Makeup Primer. A primer fills in any pores on your skin and provides a smooth canvas for foundation. It prevents foundation from looking patchy and cakey.
- For foundation I used my current favourite one i.e. L’oreal Paris Infallible 24h Foundation. I applied it using my Puna store Miracle Complexion sponge. Make sure to use a damp sponge and in a dabbing motion.
- Next for Concealer I used the L.A. Girl Pro conceal HD Concealer in the shade ‘Medium beige’. A concealer is used to hide any imperfections on the face like dark circles, blemishes, pigmentation etc. Use a concealer that is closest to your skin tone unless you are using it for highlighting purpose.
- To set my under eyes i used the yellow powder from my BH Cosmetics Nude Rose Scult and Glow Pallette. A yellow powder brightens up the undereye area. For rest of the face I used Maybelline New York White Superfresh Compact. It is very important to set your face with powder as when you use cream products they tend to crease and melt.
- For contouring I used my BH Cosmetics Nude Rose Scult and Glow Pallette. Contouring is done to chisel out your face so that it looks sharp and well defined. Use it under your cheek bones and jawline. Also on your nose to make it look sharper.
- Then for bronzer I used my Oriflame Giordani Bronzing Pearl. Bronzer helps in giving some colour and warmth to the face as when we use foundation neutralise any kind of pigmentation on the face and it looks quite flat. Bronzer should be used on the outer parameters of the face.
- For blush I again used my BH Cosmetics Nude Rose Scult and Glow Pallette. It has very subtle and peachy kind of blush shade. Apply blush on the apple of your cheeks and blend it upwards towards your contour. This makes the face look sharp.
- Since it is a festive look, Highlighter is a must. I used my Makeup Revolution Vivid Shimmer Brick to highlight my face. It is a very beautiful highlighter which has 5 colours for different skin tones. Highlighter is applied on the highest points of the face where light hits like the brow bone, cheek bones, bridge of the nose, chin and cupid’s bow.
- After applying concealer all over my eye lid, I set it with shade no. 1 which is a bone colour. Priming the eye lids this way will make the eyeshadow colours appear brighter and setting it makes sure that the eyelids are crease free.
- Then to give some depth to my eyes I used shade no. 2 in my crease using a blending brush. Apply very less pressure and blend the shadow by using the brush in windshield wiper motion. Build up the color slowly. Do not load lot of shadow on the brush at once.
- Next I took shade no. 3 and applied it little below the crease using a bit more precise blending brush. It is a pretty mauve colour.
- Then I took shade no. 4, which is even darker mauve colour. I applied this colour to the inner and outer part of my eyelid leaving the centre blank. I blended the colour using a blending brush and took very little in the crease so the there is no noticeable harsh lines between the lid and crease colour.
- In the centre of the eye which I had left blank, I applied little amount of concealer and blended it in place using my finger. This step I did to ensure the colour I apply on top of it pops even more.
- Then I took shade no. 5. It is the star of the palette. This color is so unique. It is kind of a coral pink colour with duochrome effect. It has a golden shift to it which makes it perfect for the festive season. I applied this colour on the top of the concealer i.e. on the centre of my eyelid.
- Then I took very little of shade no. 4 and blended the edges of the colour we applied in the above step.
- On the lower lash line I applied shade no. 3 followed by shade no. 4.
- Highlighted the inner corners using shade no. 6.
- Coated my upper and lower lashes with Maybelline New York Falsies Push up Drama Mascara.
- I filled my eyebrows using my Miss Claire Eyebrow Powder Cake using an angular brush.
- Set them in place using the Maybelline New York Fashion Brow Pomade Crayon.
- Cleaned them using a concealer and a very tiny brush.
- For my lips I used the Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipstick in the shade ‘More better’.
- To make my lipstick look neat and give my lips a pouty effect I cleaned around my lips using a concealer.
I hope you all liked this look. Do let me know in the comments section below.
I wish u all lots of fun and happiness for this festival season.
Keep Loving Yourself ❤